Habitat for Humanity has built more than one million houses, affecting change in more than 9.8 million lives in over 80 countries around the world. Habitat is a grassroots, Christian organization founded on common ground. We bridge theological, political, racial and economic differences by putting love into action.
Veteran build sponsored by Minnesota Title
Volunteers make a difference by picking up a hammer and helping to change lives. They put their hearts in it. The energy and compassion they bring is invaluable! They often get as much or more from the experience than the families.
These partnerships provide a spark for community improvement. We need your help to continue to fulfill our mission.
GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED! HELP BUILD IT! GET INVOLVED!
Meet our awesome partner families!
JOIN US! SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER HERE!
Whether you call it random acts of kindness, paying it forward, or good deeds, they are very powerful. That is why almost every religion and culture values and rewards the performance of good deeds. There are many benefits to doing good deeds. Some of these benefits may be very obvious to you, while you may not have considered some of the others. Habitat for Humanity is blessed with good deeds from many volunteers! Together, we're changing lives and making a difference!
Habitat for Humanity of Western Wayne County is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization
an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER TODAY!
We want you to have a fun and meaningful volunteer experience. However, our first priority is your safety. Please review safety rules and volunteer requirements.
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY RULES
1. Gloves, hard hats and safety glasses are provided to all volunteers & should be worn at the site. We want to prevent splinter, head, eye and other injuries.
2. We encourage all volunteers to stay hydrated. It's wise to bring a water bottled labeled with your name. We will provide additional water.
3. During sunny seasons, please use sunscreen to protect against sunburn.
4. Our construction crew will handle all power tools unless an experienced volunteer is identified.
5. All ladders (step and extension) used on-site are fiberglass Type1. Volunteers should work as a teams of two when using ladders.
6. Be careful when walking around the construction site and pick up nails, hammers and other miscellaneous objects on the floor to avoid injury.
7. If you feel ill, stop working at once and please bring this to the attention of the site supervisor.